1. Due to lack of space back stage we must limit the use of props to hand held props. Use of any props must be passed by us prior to the
2. Solo's must be no longer than 2 minutes. Duets/Trios no longer than 2.5 minutes.
3. Troupes must be no longer than 4 minutes.
4. The running order of the day and the placing of your tracks will be the decision of ' So You
want to dance'
5. We will require a copy of your music prior to the event on CD format, principles will be required to
bring a backup copy to the event.
6. The stage edges will be clearly marked please take into consideration the dimensions of the stage
when choreographing your routines. Dimensions can be found on the Theatres website.
7. The safety of the children during the choreography is the teacher’s responsibility.
8. Children will be expected to be ready to go on stage at their allotted times.
9. Tracks will be played in their entirety please do not expect us to do late starts or fade Outs.
10. We have a professional sound and lighting technician unfortunately individual lighting requests may not be granted.
11. We do not take responsibility for any injuries incurred during the performance. Any Tricks/acrobatics must be well rehearsed and safe in the space provided.
12. We do not take any responsibility for any loss or damages to personal goods and
13. Routines must be rehearsed and ready to run, as on stage rehearsals will not be
14. Due to the child protection act, personal photography and video filming on any device will not be permitted.
However there will be a professional photographer at the event.
15. Medals, trophies, and cash prize will be awarded on the day of event.
16. No smoking or chewing gum is permitted inside the theatre.
17. Please ensure all mobile phones are switched off during the performance.
18.Breach of any terms and conditions may result in disqualification.
19. It is your responsibility to check music is correct, no re-dances will be allowed due to your error, please clearly mark CD's with track names and dancer
20. No refunds will be given for entrance fees once you have committed to the competition.
21. All competitions are limited to non-professionals, professionals are those deriving their main means of lively hood from teaching or performing in the subject
of competition, persons receiving an occasional fee will be deemed to be non-professional for the purpose of the competition.
22. Entry fee's are non refundable.
23.and not left to roam freely around the Venue. It is the responibility of the licensed chaperones,teachers and parents/carers
to take care of their children during So you want to Dance events. All children must be accounted for at all times throughout the day . Children will be signed in at the SYWTD desk in the foyer and
given a room allocation for changing. Each school will be given a pack which will include sign in/out sheets, accident and illness forms,record sheets and a copy of our BOPA. Please adhere to the
guidelines of children and young adults in entertainment and ensure your school is aware of their responsibilities.