DEADLINE 12 ND JUNE - JUDGING JUNE 27TH
Thank you for your interest in So You Want To Dance's online dance
competition! We were overwhelmed with the response and talent in our first event last weekend. We appreciate how important it is during these uncertain times to keep a sense of normality in our
lives and to keep our dance families engaged and active ❤️ I know myself how much the children are loving the online classes that teachers are providing and having an alternative focus other than home
So big props to all the teachers that are keeping dance in the forefront of our
This is why So You Want To Dance wanted to provide an online outlet for
children who still want to compete and have possibly missed out on some of the incredible competitions that are on offer. This is a low cost solution and we can't wait to welcome you to our online
What you need to know;
The competition is open for solo, duet, trio and group categories that have
been previously pre-recorded.
The age/categories will be the same as our normal events - please refer to the
'How to enter ' Page.
Also, there will be separate sections for 'own choreography' solo and duet categories. If your children have
been stuck for what to do in isolation why not set them a challenge? Choreograph and film their own pieces!
- The time limits are 2 minutes per solo, 2.5 minutes for duets and trio's and
4 minutes per group.
- £5 for solo's, duets, trios
- £10 for groups
- Deadline for entries is on 17th May
- Competition date is 18th April where live results will be
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place medals for solo, duet, and trio
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place trophies for group
- Score sheet and written feedback from the judges will be sent
- Submit entries by the form below by sharing a
- £50 Cash Prize for the winning dance in Pre
- £50 Cash Prize for the winning dance in lockdown
- See our Facebook page for updates and
If you wish to join us please submit your entry on the form below. Please submit ONE FOR EACH
ENTRY. We have loved doing online competitions and we have found that the best way to get your entry to us is to upload the video to your own Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox or Google Drive (on a
private/unlisted link) and then to send us the link. No one apart from the So You Want To Dance team will have access to those videos.
We hope to welcome you in the very near future...... but for now keep safe and keep dancing